Rotation model of tectonic plates
The tectonic plate rotation model is a tool for modeling tectonic plates around the Earth. With this model, students can visualize the center of these movements, the axis of rotation and the movement of the continental plate in relation to the ocean plate. This instrument allows:
• Realistic modeling of tectonic plate rotation;
• A visualization of its rotation around the Earth's axis as an Eulerian axis;
• A representation of the deformation of the earth's crust during tectonic movements
• Formation of a chain of volcanoes in a hot spot.
• Dimensions: 32 cm in diameter
• A turntable comprising a bottom turntable, an oceanic plate and a continental plate;
• A set of 6 mountains of two sizes;
• A set of 6 lithospheric extensions of two sizes;
• A set of 4 volcanic devices.